Thursday, February 25, 2010

Amish Friendship Bread

This bread given to me in a bag weeks ago arrived in an innocent fashion. "Would you like some friendship bread?" "Sure!" I said. Somehow forgetting my past transgressions with the doughy slime. Okay! So first you must remember which days to squish the bag and which days to add ingredients. I finally got that figured. Give or take a day! Made a batch and bagged the rest. I did not have the right amount of pudding mix to add to the mixture but the bread turned out anyway! Made it again the following two weeks and even remembered to add the sugary cinnamon topping for extra calories. Well, the oldest son took a bread,(more like a cake really). He ended up coming back for another sample. Thank goodness, because I have so many bags of dough around the house Manny is worried. I guess I need to bake less and go deliver some bread bags to my friends!DSC00128
Okay, I will confess: I have about 5 more bags of the stuff growing under my desk at work. Tomorrow I will find some unsuspecting victim to unleash this labour of love on!

No comments:

Post a Comment