Thursday, February 25, 2010

Here I am...finally!

I have been rummaging through the neighborhood thrift store for special finds. Sometimes I am lucky. I am hoping to finally pull together my 30 year old home in Okotoks, Alberta. My old "antique dealer" days have once again sprouted up since searching for treasure to decorate my home. I think I may save a few trinkets for those of you that might enjoy them in the future so stay tuned!

"Manny" my husband thinks I am about to write a serious book about my life growing up in the north country. Maybe someday, but for now I have some pictures of spring decor to share. I hope you enjoy the shots as well as I enjoyed taking them. Manny's Christmas camera to me is about to get a workout!

DSC00159

This fairy vase was a find in a shop on the coast of Oregon during a summer visit with my mom. The quaint town of Seaside is a favorite vacation spot of mine. This "little girl" had a defect on her foot which reminded me of a barefoot accident I once had collecting snails on the back snye around the Island of Ft. Simpson, North West Territories where I grew up. Maybe I will end up writing about the north after all!

I love it when the roses open up and share their rich sultry scent!

No comments:

Post a Comment